Tuesday, June 2, 2009

CLOSED Carnival


On Monday at work I was talking with my manager and she informed me that there was a Herndon City Festival/Carnival starting on Thursday. I was SO excited. I love carnivals and festivals and if you know Caden and I and our dating history this is one of our favorite things to do. We decided on Sunday since Caden was off work we would give it a shot! I went Saturday with Aubree and we checked it all out. There wasnt really anything too exciting and I was kinda bummed. Aubree had her 3 month old baby with us so we didnt have the option of riding the fun rides and I wasnt about to have her watch me entertain myself haha.... so Caden and I went back Sunday. I am pretty sure Caden had heard as much as he possibly could stand of how BAD I was craving a funnel cake ever since I had read the pamphlet with all of the festival details.... so after church we got changed, ate lunch, and left! We got there and it was C.L.O.S.E.D!! yeah.. BUMMER! It was so sad. We walked around as they were cleaning up and listened to the police on their mega-phones announce "The carnival is closed.. time to go home..." It was really depressing.. We rented a movie, invited Aubree and Skyler over. Of course... we had a lot of popcorn and otter pops and that made up for our disappointment. It was a fun day with Caden on his day off!


1 comment:

  1. SAD!!! i swear that always happens to me too! i bet there will be a fair somewhere this summer that we can all go to together... we LOVE those too! i think we are gonna go to herndon tomorrow so yay, i finally get to see you! :)

    ReplyDelete