Friday, November 27, 2009

....oh so VERY thankful...

Well as many of you know.... my sweet grandma passed away only 6 days before Thanksgiving. This brought about a strange Thanksgiving for us all. We have had a huge family dinner with all cousins, aunts, and uncles. It is a tradition that has occurred without fail every year. Being married would obviously change that... bouncing back and forth between families or trading every other year. This year we were going to have it at my house after Caden and I got back from Wellsville with the Hyers. With the bringing of Grandmas death my mom dropped the idea of having a normal Thanksgiving. She felt the emotions were too high and we were still in a grieving period. However, my wonderful mother in law decided to put together a dinner for my family. Peggy left her family early in Wellsville so that my family could have a regular Thanksgiving dinner that didn't include a frozen pizza :). My family and I were so thankful for her and Doug and their willingness to make it a more enjoyable day for my family. I love Doug and Peggy and I am thankful for them and their family. I am so lucky to have the in laws I have. 
Yesterday things were a little crazy but Thanksgiving is truly a time to reflect on our blessings and what we are truly thankful for... I felt it would be important for my friends and family to know that I do recognize my.....
B  eing a part of the Church and wonderful knowledge and testimony I have
L oving an amazing husband and knowing I have eternity with him
E  ating yummy food and the blessing it is to be able to afford it
S  taying in a warm home with the comforts we have
S  weet memories of my grandparents and the love they showed me  
I  ncredible family, extended family, friends, and parents who I love 
N ow married into a wonderful family with inlaws I cherish
G oing to the temple this year and feeling the Spirit

S  eeing different parts of the world this year as we traveled to Mexico and Virginia


I love you all and I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Here comes Christmas... WAHOO!! :)




1 comment:

  1. Mandy! I wish you lived down here! I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope you and your family are doing ok. You should come visit us sometime...we have an extra room!

    ReplyDelete