Wednesday, April 29, 2009

VIRGINIA!!

We finally made it to Virginia and we have gotten all settled into our apartment. We got up early Friday morning and said our goodbyes and headed off for our long road trip. We thought we could take turns driving and sleeping but that didnt go too well and we ended up sleeping at a hotel a little after 16 hours of driving. We slept for a few hours and got up and continued the journey. We finally got to Herndon VA at about 2 am Sunday morning. It was a long trip but we got to see a lot of neat things. Our apartment is cute and we have had a lot of fun putting it all together. Our families are both far away and so I know they are curious to see what our new apartments looks like so I thought I would post some pictures to cure the curiosity :).
our bathroom... the decor is a little rough right now but its my project :)
our closet... we love it because we can keep it so organized!
cute LITTLE dresser :) it only fits underwear and socks.. haha 
the bed.. and yes i know, i need a bed skirt and a picture in that empty frame

the tv.. and the cute little stand we bought at target
the couches and living room.
my adorable owl that i got for $9 at Ross... Caden isnt to fond of him but i thought it was a must have
the kitchen table area
washer and dryer.. and i learned that gain powder smells better than gain liquid..
kitchen sink
stove and microwave
kitchen

entry way...

Well thats it!! We are both loving VA and our new cute little apartment. We hope all of you are doing well in Utah!!!

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you posted this so I could have a chance to see your pad. Its cute! You should take a picture of it from the outside so I can see it more! Just food for thought. I am glad that you are settled in. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your place is nice! I am glad that you guys got there safe! Keep us updated on all your fun adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cute, you may never want to come home. Your deco is so warm and inviting. Good job. Enjoy your new home. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great for only being there a few days! Hope you guys are lovin' married life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! Looks like a great starter home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA I LOVE THAT OWL! Mandy we have the same humor. and oh my heck. VIRGINIA!?! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW!!! So when are you going to come back and visit Utah? I leave Spain on June 6th... Wow. How is married life?! I still feel bad I missed your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mandy! Your house is so cute, and your owl is way cute! Tell Caden that as long as you like the owl that's all that matters haha! I hope everything is going great for you guys in Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey mandy! i totally remember our first apartment right after we got married in irvine... you'll always remember the first place you lived together! :) i wanted to come see you today when i dropped brock off but luke had the BIGGEST meltdown/tantrum of his life... so i drove home ASAP. hopefully i can see you on saturday!

    ReplyDelete